Transcendental Meditation Fundamental Unique
Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools
Education Designed to Cultivate Complete and Perfect Individuals.
1. Transcendental Meditation, as taught by His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, is fundamentally unique.
It is unique in its simplicity and effectiveness for improving all areas of life simultaneously.
Its principles and practice are fundamentally different from any other method of mental or physical development available in the world.
No effort is involved in the practice—it is simple, natural, and can be easily learn by anyone.
2. Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation is a simple, natural, effortless procedure whereby the mind easily and naturally arrives at the source of thought, the settled state of mind—Transcendental Consciousness—pure consciousness, self-referral consciousness, which is the source of all creative processes.
- This process can be likened to a river which naturally and effortlessly flows on to the ocean and gains the status of the ocean.
3. Transcendental Meditation is practiced twice a day for 15 to 20 minutes in the morning and evening while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed, and:
- is practiced by people of all levels of intelligence, of all ages, cultures, religions, and educational backgrounds,
- provides deep rest to the nervous system,
- expands the conscious capacity of the mind,
- spontaneously unfolds the full potential of the individual, and
- enriches all aspects of daily life.
4. During Transcendental Meditation the individual’s awareness settles down and experiences a unique state of restful alertness.
As the body becomes deeply relaxed, the mind transcends all mental activity to experience the simplest form of awareness—Transcendental Consciousness—where consciousness is open to itself.
- This is the self-referral state of consciousness.
5. The experience of Transcendental Consciousness develops the individual’s latent creative potential, while dissolving accumulated stress and fatigue during the practice.
This experience enlivens within one’s awareness creativity, dynamism, orderliness, and organizing power, which results in increasing effectiveness and success in daily life.
6. Since 1955, over five million people throughout the world have learn Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation Program. The natural effectiveness of the technique has been borne out by the personal experience of individuals from all walks of life who regularly practice Transcendental Meditation, and has been documented by extensive scientific research in all areas of life—physiology, psychology, sociology, and environment.